REQUEST FOR CONGREGATIONAL HOST PROPOSALS FOR SPIRIT PLAY CONFERENCE 2017 or 2018
(download file of information below)
The Directors of Spirit Play are looking for a fairly large church with one or more Spirit Play classrooms to host our next conference. An important requirement is that the church has EASY access to airport, transportation, and lodging. A bonus to the conference participants would be proximity to tourist options for a Saturday night outing. We are looking at late fall 2017 or early 2018. If possible, we would like a weekend when required church space is available, and when there is no scheduled LREDA Conference or District Events.
The hosting Congregation will receive free Spirit Play Training for up to 15 people on Sunday (noon to 8 pm or some could attend Thursday training or another mutually arranged date). Alternatively, two congregations could share responsibilities and share training if necessary. Hosting congregation will also receive a free copy of DVD and PDF of the Spirit Play Manual, (or substitute resources, if the congregation already has these materials) The manual may be copied for your congregation’s teachers.
Possible Agenda Times
Wednesday: interns and trainers arrive for home hospitality, meeting room needed.
Thursday: Spirit Play Training 9 am to 5 pm (optional conference add-on for participants; need gathering room and Spirit Play classroom plus 3 spaces for break-out groups)
Friday: 8;30 Registration begins Conference begins 9 am (opening, workshops, lunch, story circles, workshops, dinner, evening activity and worship) to about 9 pm or so.
Saturday: 9 am to 2:30 pm: workshops, keynote, lunch, Story Circles until 2 pm, closing. Optional tourist trips or fly out.
Sunday: participants may opt to attend worship before flying out.
Noon to 8 pm—free training for church or at other time
What is Needed (specific questions in parentheses):
- Proximity to an airport and good transportation possibilities to and from airport and church.
- Access to space from Thursday through Saturday, possibly after church on Sunday for free training (If you rent to a nursery or Montessori School, when do they have a spring break?)
We need to know the capacities of rooms
- Large space for keynote speaker(s) and worship, eg. sanctuary—how many people does it accommodate? Is there flexible seating or moveable pews?
- Space for meals (for how many people?)
- 8 to 10 spaces for workshops or Story Circles (how many spaces—how many people could each space accommodate with chairs in a circle? How many with rug on floor?)
- Registrar who will receive registrations; keep a data sheet; monitor the budget and treasury; and, work with at least three or four volunteers from congregation willing to be on task force for planning conference; most meetings by phone or email, including a Site Conference Coordinator for conference
- Site Coordinator: Person to oversee use of facilities, help assign space for workshops, provide a map of the facilities for the participants’ packet. Problem solve on site during conference. Arrange with custodian or other volunteers for setup of rooms.
- Lodging Coordinator: will contact area B&B’s, hotels, etc. to determine availability for conference, possibly set up discounts, arrange home hospitality for 10 to 12 people. Provide suggestions for lodging for registration packets and deadline for discounts. Participants will make their own reservations. Home hospitality for presenters will be assigned according to need for Wednesday through Saturday evenings, as needed. If other home hospitality is available, will generate list of additional sources to be offered to those who volunteer help with the conference.
- Transportation Coordinator: will provide sheet for registration packet outlining transportation options from airport, train, etc. to the church such as bus, shuttles, taxis. Will help coordinate shared rides to or from the airport for those arriving or leaving around the same time if necessary. Organize some local trips for Saturday afternoon free time if possible depending on location
- Food Coordinator: will make sure that food is arranged according to participants’ requests from registrations with a caterer or church people. Coordinate volunteers for setup and clean up of meals and snacks.
Welcome Table Person or Persons:
- Greet arrivals and give them packets for conference. Make sure they have name tags and are assigned to their workshops. Have them sign up for Story Circles.
(Breakfasts at hotel or bed and breakfast, no need to have at conference)
- Coffee, tea, water, snacks during day
- Lunch Friday and Saturday (buffet)
- Dinner Friday (buffet or sit-down)
Training on Sunday for church: drinks, snacks, and dinner
Please send a proposal outlining your church facilities and its merits for hosting the conference along with what your requirements are to host the conference and timing for your congregation. Include number of rooms and how many people they can accommodate. Send to Joy Silver at email@example.com.
|File Size:||133 kb|